CLICK HERE to sign up to receive our monthly prayer updates in your inbox!
Off to a great start this year!
We launched our new ministry year just a few weeks ago and you can see by the picture above it has been an incredible start to our year. This past Sunday, October 2, we held our second baptism service and celebrated 7 believers getting baptized. 3 of the children that were baptized made first-time decisions to trust in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior this summer at different VBS and Sports Camps that we hosted in our community.
In addition to this incredible highlight of our year, God is doing other amazing things in the life of our church! We started a women’s Bible study that meets in our home on Wednesday afternoons and a monthly prayer gathering for the men in our church body.
Here are other ways we would love for you to pray for our church and praise God for all that He is doing:
- Praise God – 7 people were baptized this past Sunday!
- We are so grateful that an additional 7 people began serving within our church body this past month in various capacities.
- Pray for our Sunday morning meeting space as our Kid’s Ministry is at capacity. We are seeking God for new Sunday morning space (possibly a local elementary school) and exploring what 24/7 space options there might be in Leesburg.
- Pray for Jason as he continues to seek God’s direction for our church. A big focus of his right now is determining what it looks like to make disciples who make disciples at Rising Church.
- Pray for our new women’s Bible study.
- Continue to pray for unity within our church body and increased effectiveness in reaching our community with the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
- Pray for God’s provision for our financial needs.
- Jason will host several SBC of Virginia pastors the afternoon of Oct 27 as they come through Northern Virginia on a church planting vision tour. Pray that God will use this event to build new relationships and establish new partnerships with churches that will provide prayer and financial support for our church plant.