As we prepare to launch our weekly worship services this summer, I put together a 4-page document that I am calling our church plant’s Launch Packet. It outlines specific prayer needs for our launch season, 2 unique serving opportunities we are hosting all throughout the summer, as well as projects/initiatives that need financial underwriting. I will be sharing 1 page for our Launch Packet each day for the next 4 days. Thanks for journeying with us as we plant Rising Church in Leesburg, VA!
Email Jason at email@example.com if you would like to receive the Launch Packet in its entirety.
One of the most valuable lessons we have learned in our first year of church planting is how significant prayer and intercession are. We are completely dependent upon God for the unleashing of His Spirit and power. We must have His direction and blessing as we move forward to accomplish the things He has put before. We are extremely grateful for your partnership in praying with us over this list.
Ongoing Prayer Requests
- The spiritual climate in Northern Virginia – people here are farther removed from God than most places we have served.
- The lost people we will encounter this summer – that they would be receptive to the Gospel message.
- Our core team – that God would strengthen our current team and add others to it. Here are the names of our current team members so you can intercede for them by name: Jason, Neva, Christian, Zach, Tina, Kris, Lisa, Justin, Ann, Kevin.
- Financial provision – for our family and church plant.
Summer Outreach Efforts
- 1-Day Serve Opportunities – we are inviting teams to spend a day in Leesburg with us to participate in a prayer/vision tour of our city and ministry field as well as canvasing communities with information about our church plant.
- Short-term Mission Weekends – teams can spend a weekend with us serving at a community outreach event on Friday, serving all day Saturday, and worshiping with us on Sunday.
- 4th of July Outreach – we are printing 2000 frisbees with our church logo and website to distribute at Leesburg’s 4th of July festival. 10,000 people are expected to attend.
- VBS Week – we have a mission team from FBC Norfolk coming up to help us host a week-long VBS which Crossroads Baptist Church in Leesburg is allowing us to host on their church grounds.
- Sports Camp – we have a mission team of high school students who will be here as parts of Lifeway’s P2 Missions Week to serve our church plant as we host a sport camp for younger elementary aged kids in our neighborhood.
Our Launch Sundays
- We will soft launch our weekly worship services on Sunday, July 5th with plans hard launch in mid-September. We will be meeting at the Ida Lee Recreation Center in Leesburg, VA. This rec center is well known throughout Loudoun County and is central to the life of the community in our city and county.
If you would like to join our prayer team and begin receiving monthly email updates CLICK HERE and complete the webform.