Workout: This morning we worked out on the Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps routine of P90X Classic. It’s a great workout! My wife and I already had 3, 5, 8, and 25 lb dumb bells but went out and bought a pair of 10’s as well. It made a big difference for both of us as it allowed me a lower weight to work with when 25 was too much and gave her a heavier weight to work with to push herself. We skipped the bonus workout again this week as it seems Wednesday morning is the toughest day for us to get out of bed so we need to shave those 8 minutes. However, we do that so we can have time for the Ab Ripper X workout. I love how much improvement I have made since doing it for the first time last Monday. While I know I have lost a few pounds in 10 days, the improvement in strenght and energy already is amazing!!!
Diet: So today ended with a little cheating, but as my wife put it: “It’s our 10 year anniversary tomorrow. Who needs an excuse to cheat?” That being said, this was today’s diet:
- 7:00am breakfast: recovery drink, 8 oz skim milk, 4 slices of turkey bacon
- 10:00am snack: protein bar
- 12:45pm lunch: Salad consisting of fresh greens, 3 oz of grilled chicken, low-fat italian dressing, a few carrots and cucumber slices, 8 oz of V8
- 5:30pm dinner: 1 cup of whole wheat pasta, garlic and basil to taste sauteed in 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 oz of paramesan cheese, 8 oz of V8
- 7:00pm dessert: Medium sized Raspberry Torte Spoonbender from Good Times (definitely not the fruit and protein shake I was planning on having for snack tonight!)
G90X: I have memorized my first passage of scripture, 1 Timothy 4:7-8
Don’t waste your time arguing abotu godless ideas and old wives’ tales. Instead, train yourself in godliness. Physical training is good, but training in godliness is much better promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.