Workout: We returned to weight training on the P90X program by working out our Arms & Back. I love the fact that I can still feel the burn from my elbows to my shoulders. My wife is still feeling it in her lower body from Plyometrics yesterday and other than some minor aches I’ve got nothing. I will definitely have to push myself harder tomorrow morning when we go after Kempo.
Back to the weight training, I think I’m going to have to pick up up a pair of 15’s to maximize the workout. I use 25’s when I can but the next lowest weights we have are 8’s, 5’s and 3’s. My wife would like to push her self on some workouts so the 15’s would help there and there are some workouts that the 8’s are too light and the 25’s are too much for now.
I konw it’s only been 3 days, but I’m proud of the fact that we have gotten up at 5:30am each day to do this together!
Diet: Pretty similar to the last few days but I had a little fun with lunch by going to Chipotle. I had a salad there and as you’ll see below it was pretty cool that I could keep it within the rules of P90X.
- 7:00am breakfast: recovery drink immediately following the workout today followed by 4 slices of bacon and an 8 oz glass of skim milk.
- 10:00am snack: protein bar and a banana.
- 12:45pm lunch: Chipotle Salad consisting of Romaine lettuce, fajita veggies (peppers & onions), black beans, chicken, corn salsa, light cheese, guacamole, extra shredded lettuce, and I squeezed 4 lemon wedges for dressing.
- 4:30pm snack: 1 cup of carrots w/ 2 tbs peanut butter.
- 6:00pm dinner: 1 whole wheat pita, 6 oz of tuna salad, 8 oz glass of V8.
- 7:00pm snack: protein powder and 8 oz of skim milk.