Workout: Today was my introduction to Plyometrics. I had no idea what I was getting into but I figure it was going to be the mother of all workouts when a good friend of mine sent me a text last night laughing at me: LOL and HAHAHA when I told him today was Plyo day. The fact is, it was a tough workout but they actually made it fun.
For those of you who might be unaware of what Plyometrics are, as I was as of yesterday, it is basically jumping. That truly is the best way to describe it: jumping with a sports twist. Even though it was fun, I was dripping sweat and panting 15 minutes into our 58 minute workout. In some respects I didn’t feel like I pushed myself as hard today but the pounds of sweat that were dripping off of me tell me otherwise. Only time will tell.
Diet: We continued on with Phase 1, Level 2 of the diet today. Most of it stayed very similar, with a few variations, to what I ate yesterday. Some of that is because I am still getting used to the Portion Control plan and some of it is due to the fact that it’s easy to take these foods to work.
- 7:00am breakfast: recovery drink immediately following the workout today followed by 4 slices of bacon and an 8 oz glass of skim milk.
- 10:30am snack: protein bar and a banana.
- 12:45pm lunch: Salad consisting of 2 cups of spinach leaf, 6 oz of grilled chicken, 1 tbs feta cheese, 2 tbs balsamic vinagrette, 3 oz avocado.
- 3:30pm snack: 1 cup of carrots w/ 2 tbs peanut butter and 3 oz of sliced ham.
- 5:45pm dinner: 1 cup of whole wheat spaghetti, 1 cup of marinara sauce, 3 oz of grilled chicken, 8 oz glass of V8.
- 7:20pm snack: protein powder and 8 oz of skim milk.
Tomorrow’s workout: Shoulders & Arms