That’s right. My wife and I started P90X today and it kicked my butt! I am starting the program at 216 lbs and a 43″ waist (even though I typically wear 38″ pants/jeans) and my goals are to get to 185 lbs of a 34″ waist. And so our journey begins…
Workout: We started the program at 5:30am today with the Chest & Back routine immediately followed by the Ab Ripper X workout. I was actually surprised at how much I was able to do today during the Chest & Back workout. I certainly wasn’t keeping pace with the video, but I stayed moving. It may be the first upper body workout I have ever done that I have felt the burn and pain all day long. I like it! The Ab Ripper X workout was simply humiliating. I have quite the spare tire around the middle so I’m sure that it will take some time to get there, but I am determined to rock the 6-pack once again! By the way, I puked my brains out after finishing up. Apparently drink ZipFizz right before my workout wasn’t the wisest decision I made today.
Diet: To maximize our results we are also sticking to the P90X diet. We have chosen the Portion Control version and are both in Phase 1, Level 2 of the eating plan. Here is what today’s menu consisted of:
- 7:20am breakfast: 4 slices of turkey bacon, 8 oz of skim milk, and a recovery drink for the ride into work
- 10:30 am snack: protein bar, 1 cup of carrots and 2 tbs of peanut butter for my late morning snack
- 12:45pm lunch: Salad consisting of 2 cups of spinach leaf, 1 cup of steamed mushrooms, 6oz of slice steak, 1 tbs feta cheese, 2 tbs balsamic vinagrette
- 3:00pm snack: apple
- 6:00pm dinner: Stir fry consisting of 6oz of chicken, 1 cup of mixed vegetables, 1 cup of rice, soy sauce
- 7:00pm snack: protein powder and 8oz of skim milk
We are very much looking forward to tomorrow’s Plyometrics workout!!!