Yesterday was my 32nd birthday. No major milestones come along with this birthday but it was a blast none the less. My wife and son made me a homemade “B-I-R-T-D-A-Y” cake and took me out to dinner and Cold Stone ice cream earlier this week. In addition to all the family fun things got a little crazy at the office as well.
I met the rest of the Ministry Advancement team from Dare 2 Share at Lollicup for a Birthday breakfast. They treated me to a smoothie, Starbucks cards, and Seth Godin’s book, Tribes. It was a sweet way to start a fantastic birthday day!
During the Dare 2 Share weekly chapel my team decided to do a small presentation spun off of Jeff Foxworthy’s, “You might be a redneck.” The following is their take on “…you might just work for Jason Lamb!”
- If you hear the phrases, “let’s be about our business,” or “get back on the phones,” and the only exception to the rule is when sports are part of the discussion…you might just work for Jason Lamb!
- If the phrase, “Are you tracking with me?” is part of every meetings repertoire…you might just work for Jason Lamb!
- If your meetings always start 5 minutes late because your boss has to fill-up/warm-up his coffee cup…you might just work for Jason Lamb!
- If you start saying things in triplicate: “yea, yea, yea,” or “sure, sure, sure,”…you might just work for Jason Lamb!
- If you learn early on in your day the fine art of staring off into space…you might just work for Jason Lamb!
- If you are constantly asked, “Where’s Jason?” and your only thought is “Am I my Brother’s Keeper?”…you might just work for Jason Lamb!
- If a majority of the team members are olde that the boss, but he still calls them, “kiddos,”…you might just work for Jason Lamb!
- If your boss bares a striking resemblance to teh marionette prince in “The Lonely Goathearder” from “The Sound of Music”…you might just work for Jason Lamb!
- If more work gets done when the Boss is out of teh office or in meetings all day…you might just work for Jason Lamb!
- If you start having flashbacks of the latest episode of “The Office,” because a certain co-worker and your Boss are having a “friendly discussion,”…you might just work for Jason Lamb!
- If you are the last person in the office to now about Policy Change because your Boss failed to forward a company email…you might just work for Jason Lamb!
- If you are greeted in hte morning by, “Yo, Dawg!” from a middle-aged white man in Khaki pants and flip flops…you might just work for Jason Lamb!
The icing on the cake after being roasted in front of the entire ministry was walking into my office after chapel only to find PINK ribbons strung from every corner and 20-30 PINK balloons all over the floor. Now that’s love!
Vote for your favorite …you might just work for Jason Lamb! line from above or make up your own and share it!
Also, a little shout out to my boss, thanks for the “FREE slice of pie on Wednesdays” at Village Inn on my birthday!