Dare 2 Share Ministries is beginning to move in a direction that we have been praying about and discussing for the past several months. As you may know, Dare 2 Share is all about mobilizing teenagers to relationally and relentlessly reach their generation for Christ. We are extremely committed to sharing the Gospel and training teenagers to do the same. With that said, this new direction has us focusing in on the end result of training and equipping teenagers to share the Gospel. We are beginning to aggressively dive into teen-to-teen evangelism OR what we also refer to as peer-to-peer evangelism among teenagers.
As we begin to do some research and gather data from other ministries who are also interested and invested in this cause, I was hoping that you as a Youth Leader/Worker/Director/Pastor would provide a little front-line feedback “from the trenches” for me. Thanks for taking a few minutes to answer some or all of the following questions (if you only answer a few select questions, please indicate which questions with their number).
- What does evangelism look like in your Youth Ministry setting?
- Are you currently seeing the teenagers in your Youth Ministry sharing their faith with their friends?
- If yes, what percentage of your group is doing so?
- What are you doing (curriculum, conferences, training, etc.) to assist and equip your teens to share the Gospel with their friends?
- What are some of the challenges you face in motivating your teens for peer-to-peer evangelism?
- What resources would help both you and your teens accomplish this goal of teenagers sharing their faith with their friends?
Another option, post a blog on this subject yourself and leave a link for me in the comments below. I would love to read your thoughts on the topic. Thanks again for your time and help!