There must be a dozen different versions of this game and the truth is I can’t keep up with all of them. We recently played this particular version as a staff one day at our staff meeting and it was quite the riot. The rules are simple and it is game that can be played pretty quickly.
- take out the same number of cards from a deck of cards as you have people playing
- make sure one of those cards is the Ace of Spades
- shuffle the cards and deal them face down
- each person looks at his/her own card but can’t let others know what card they have
- the person with the Ace of Spades is the “murderer” and proceeds to wink at the other players which “kills” them
- players can make accusations of who they think the “murderer” is but if they guess incorrectly they are “dead” as well
- the goal is to wipe out everyone else is playing before you get caught
- best played around a table in a group of 8. Probably could be played with as many as 20.
Again, there are several variations to this game. If you know one, please share it in the comments below as I would love to introduce different versions of the game to our leaders and students.